Back in the day there was a little thing called the "prohibition" where it was actually illegal to drink anything alcoholic (the audacity!) But a hero in 1933 lifted that prohibition on December 5th giving all future generations the wonderful gift of liquid courage. In honor of this mysterious super hero, Sailor Jerry has decided to dedicate the first Monday of December to appreciate bartenders everywhere! This year it just so happens to fall on the historical December 5th.
Why Monday? Because even though your work week might be coming to end when the clock hit's 5 that Friday afternoon, us bartenders need to suit up and get ready for the beginning of our work week. So, yes. Monday is our Friday.
How can you show love to your bartender tonight? Here is a list of commandments you should always follow.
1. Always say please and thank you!
2. Stop talking, and listen to your bartender's stories for a change.
3. If you and your friends are ordering more than one drink, order them all at the same time.
Don't make your bartender run laps.
4. Be ready to pay!
5. Your bartender is not your mother or your cleaning lady. Clean up after yourself.
6. When closing out your tab. Please round up.
7. Buy your bartender and bar back a shot!
8. Keep your drink on the coaster. We didn't put it there for fun.
9. Last call means last call.
10. Bring your friends!
How did you do? Comment your results below!
So go out there and thank the person who is responsible for making your nights something to remember or something you might not remember!